Thursday, October 22, 2009

How do i share files between my two computers using my wireless home network?

It's annoying to find my flash drive, copy the files, and to paste them on my other computer. How do i share fiels between my 2 computers through my wireless network?



How do i share files between my two computers using my wireless home network?internet



Sharing resources is configured from the computer that contains the files and folders you want to share. You can share an entire drive so that all the files and folders on that drive become available to the other computers, or you can share just specific folders.



To share a file, folder or drive using Windows XP:



1. Enable file sharing on your computer if you haven't already done so by running the Network Setup Wizard. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, click Network Setup Wizard. You only need to do this once on your computer.



Note: You must have administrative privileges on your computer to share files and folders in Windows XP.



2. Open My Computer.



3. Browse to the folder that contains the files that you want to make available to other computers, and then select it.



4. On the File menu, click Sharing and Security.



5. Click Share this Folder on the Network tab. By default, the folder is made available to all of the other computers on your network, and everyone has read-only access. To give everyone read-write access, select Allow Network Users to Change My Files.

No comments:

Post a Comment