Thursday, October 8, 2009

Adding wireless network to my 2 computers?

I bought a wireless hub and a wireless card..



The guy that sold it to me said it was easy to install,but I find it very difficult.



Is there an easy way to do this? a place to go to help you?



I have read the instuctions that came with the wireless hub and It is seems very hard to me..i tried and tried to hook it up and all I did was fail.



Could you help a lay person hook it up,so I can both my computers On line? thanks



Adding wireless network to my 2 computers?internet security 2006



Not sure of your entire configuration or why you want a wireless network but if your looking to share an Internet connection or files you would probably be better off with a router. A router allows for sharing of files and network connection and provides security via a firewall and encryption.



Without a firewall and encryption, anyone can access your network either with a wireless connection of their own or from the Internet. From there they can either steal or mess up information on your pc's %26/or use your internet connection to surf the internet or do other things which may or maynot be legal %26 could be traced back to you.



You would also want a wireless card for each pc to connect to the hub/router.



Though there is nothing wrong with using a hub, I just feel that if you are going to create a network you might as well make it secure. A hub is not secure in a wireless environment. A hub is a great, cheap way to network using cables. You plug them in and away you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment