Thursday, October 22, 2009

Will cars ever have real computers in them, like to surf the net or store data?

I know some cars already have certain types of 'computers' like the maps and stuff like that (sorry, I know the name, but I'm braindead at the moment lol), but sometimes I wish I had a screen that would come up and I could surf the net or play a video game (only while I'm parked, of course).



Also, how about voice? Wouldn't it be cool to have a car that talked to you? Not sure what applications this would be good for, just sounds cool. Any ideas?



Will cars ever have real computers in them, like to surf the net or store data?ktm



Yep. there are already some cars. there is a ferrari i think that has a windows operating system.



in years to come windows OS will proberly run a car. lol if the computer just crached going 80 along the motorway. or you need a software update going along the mountains. lol. a world of Microsoft Windows!



Will cars ever have real computers in them, like to surf the net or store data?nortan



Cops have computers in their cars. You could put a laptop in your car. They can put a computer in a car, but I'm not sure why they would.
Yes to all.
Yes there will be one they are now trying to once one pimp my ride thay had one and they played video games on there.
I think we are rapidly moving to that day - not sure why no manufacturer has put them in yet. Maybe worry over accidents caused by drivers using them, but that could happen with the navigation system also.
they already do goto car shows and see it they are windows based pc for cars
They're called "carputers" and they do exist.
Of course but, I cannot reveal my secret knoledge of them or I will be incarcerated and/or killed
ha ha something i can answer, the updated 5 and possibly the X5 series which is currently being tested in cold weather has actually got very sophiticated computer software in it but thats mostly for tcs and so on but i've seem some of the 535s with weird laptop style clip ons (like where it is common to find a ipod attachment)and my boss is always fiddling around with it, so im guessin its not fully built to spec yet but if it gets beyond a concept it should be made available pretty soon
BMV has a new SUV coming out with a full computer built into the back.
This would be 10 times as bad as people driving with cell phones. Cop cars all ready have them. But no cop uses it unless stoped or he or she has a partner, to operate it.
You can always put a strong laptop in your car u can also have voice assistance... You can do anything you want today but i think its gonna take time before we see a really computerized car....
yes sure u can hook up one o ur own to the battery of about 24 volts

No comments:

Post a Comment