Monday, October 19, 2009

Can you download WOW on other computers?

Can you download WOW on other computers?



Can you download WOW on other computers?anti virus protection



If by "download' you mean copy the game onto another computer's hard drive, then the answer is yes. You simply copy the entire "World of Warcraft" directory (found under Program Files) and put it on the other computer's hard drive. This can be done over a network or using an external hard drive or jump drive with at least 8GB of storage. My WoW directory with the Burning Crusade expansion is currently 7.5 GB in size. Once copied you can go into the directory and start WoW by double-clicking the "launcher" executable. Or make a shortcut to this file.



I personally keep a copy of my WoW directory on my 30GB iPod. Just have to remember to occasionally run the launcher from the directory on my iPod so that it stays up to date with all the patches. Also, since my iPod is USB 2.0, it is fast enough to simply run WoW directly from the drive without having to actually copy it to the "other" computer's hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment