Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is it at all possible to share an internet connection WITHOUT networking the computers?

My own computer recently crashed, and my employer sent me one because I can't work without one. Mine is now fixed, and so I have two on my desk. I don't want to send theirs back; it's nice to have a backup when I depend on it for a paycheck!



I would like to have both CPUs on my desk, working on theirs and doing personal stuff on mine. I know I can use a KVM to share peripherals. But what about sharing my cable internet connection? All the routers I see seem to involve networking, and because my work involves medical records I cannot network. No other computer is supposed to have access to the computer I work on. So I'm trying to figure out a way to share the modem but not allow the computers to have access to each other. Can this be done?



Thanks!



Is it at all possible to share an internet connection WITHOUT networking the computers?vincent



make sure you don't have the work computer shared. Make sure the hard drive are not shared or network. you can use the router and have both online. Just make sure they are not shared and you will have no problem. I just did this for a friend of mine with hers. she has 3 computers on it and no one can see the other computer. But they share the same internet connection. go to my computer and on the hard drives make sure there is no hand under the drive. that way you can use both online at the same time and won't interfere with either computer



Is it at all possible to share an internet connection WITHOUT networking the computers?adware remover



There is no point then... DUH!
yes it can be done. when you connect the both computers to the router. don't do a home setup network.....



the computers won't see each other, but they will share the internet from the same router. they can only connect to each other if you do a Home setup network. This is the way I have it set up at home right now and I can't see the other computers.
No

No comments:

Post a Comment