Monday, October 19, 2009

What do I need to get or use if we have two computers in a house? seperate phone line or wireless co

I am moving in with my girlfriend and we now will have two computers. I was unsure if we should try to get a seperate phone line or use some other device for my computer. I hear people say use a wireless connection but I don't know how that works. I would like for some to explain which might be best. We both use our computers alot for work and entertainment. Can someone please offer options?



What do I need to get or use if we have two computers in a house? seperate phone line or wireless connectionsantivirus scan



If you will have a broadband connection then I would suggest using a wireless router to share the internet connection. Its not hard to setup and it would be cheaper then installing a second phone line and purchasing a second broaudband connection.



These will be your physical connections:



Cable from wall to DSL Modem



Ethernet Cable from DSL Modem to Wireless Router



Then install a wireless Adapter in the two computers.



If they are desktops use a wireless USB adapter



if they are laptops use a wireless PCMCIA adapter



Its not really required, but I wou;d suggest purchasing a router and adapters from the same manufacturer, such a D-Link. It will make troubleshooting a bit easier.



After following the installations instructions for the router and wireless adapters you will be sharing the internet connection. Thats it........

No comments:

Post a Comment