Thursday, October 22, 2009

Using Windows Vista on multiple computers?

Hello, I have a Mac, and a Windows based PC. PC is running XP, and is very slow, I would like to format it with Vista.



My question is, I would like to take advantage of Apple's BootCamp program to run Vista on my Mac. If I bought Vista for my Mac obviously I'd like to format my PC with it as well. I've heard that Microsoft is so greedy that they make honest people like me (I rarely use the PC, but do need it occasionally) who just want two functioning computers at home, buy two separate copies (or lisecense which cost about the same) to do this.



My question: Is it possible for me to format my PC, and install Vista on the Mac, and have them both function normally? Notice I said possible, not legal, read between the lines on that one.



I'm not a dishonest person, but I'm not about to bend over and pay 500$ just to be able to use my PC once a month - I'd rather use XP or 2000, or find a pirated version (welcome to the real world Microsoft).



Using Windows Vista on multiple computers?symantic



You got it right. You would have to buy two copies of Vista.



Although I've never actually tried it, there MAY be a way around it. You could install one copy and then activate it over the internet and then when you have to activate the 2nd copy you could call them on the phone and get an activation number from them. You would have to buy the retail version (not OEM) to do it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment