Monday, October 19, 2009

How to use static IP for some of the computers and hardware on my wire/wireless LAN?

Details:



I use a Linksys Wireless router. On its configuration, I can define up to three Static IPs (or DNS). What I don't know is how to associate each of these addresses I define on the router to a PC or other equipment. The computers that I use run either Windows XP or Windows 2000. The main purpose of this is to allow one of them to be on a DMZ, but also allow it to copy files to one of the protected ones.



Questions:



Can I use Static IP on the wireless equipment or only with the one connected through the physical ports?



How can I determine which equipment receives each IP address?



What, if anything at all, do I have to do on the computers themselves?



How to use static IP for some of the computers and hardware on my wire/wireless LAN?free spyware remobal



On your wireless router the 3 slots are for placing a DNS Server, not to setup a static IP.



To setup a static IP on Windows XP:



1. Click on Start %26gt; Control Panel



2. Click on "Network Connections"



3. Locate the Network Card you wish to configure (either wired or wireless card).



4. Right-click on the connection you wish to modify and goto "Properties".



5. On the "General" tab, scroll down to and select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and click "Properties"



6. From this screen you can manually configure your IP Address by choosing the bullet points "Use the following IP address", and "Use the following DNS server addresses".

No comments:

Post a Comment