Monday, October 19, 2009

How can I get a acurate speed of my computers hard disk platters?

I want to know how many RPM's the hard disk spins at. 5400, 7200, etc. The computer is a Dell Demension 2400, a few years old now, P4 @ 2.40GH, with 512MB of DDR 2700 ram. Regular PATA IDE buss hard disk, prolly ATA100. I am gessing 5400, but in theese cheep computers, maybe less. Thanks!



How can I get a acurate speed of my computers hard disk platters?ducati



The best way is to get the model number off the hard drive and look up the specs at the manufacturers site. I don't know of any software or sensor that monitors actual speed. You just have to trust the manufacturer that what they say is true.



How can I get a acurate speed of my computers hard disk platters?hp



Find the technical spec sheep for your system and look up the hard drive manufacturer and model number. Look that up on the web. It will tell you.



If that doesn't work, open the system up and look at the hard drive itself, it might be on the drive. If not, look up the drive and model number on the net, it will tell you.



This isn't too helpful:



http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy...



But this might be:



http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en...

No comments:

Post a Comment