Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I have a problem sharing folders between my two computers....?

I have a router that connects my two computers together....on one computer i can see the shared folders but on the other one I cant see the shared folders of the other one!



I have a problem sharing folders between my two computers....?computer repair



No shares on the one you can't see or Firewall is turned on and is blocking the shares. One other idea is you don't have the user with the same password on both systems. This is a problem with XP SP2.



I have a problem sharing folders between my two computers....?free antivirus



Multiple possibilities.



You may not have sharing setup correctly on one machine.



You may have something like ZoneAlarm running which is blocking access.



Unless you have been "playing" with your router settings, it is unlikely that it is to blame.



So, first I'd check any utilities you run for protection to see if they are blocking the access. You may need to include the local IP address range of your home network in your "safe" or "trusted" zone.



Check your settings in Windows; it too has a protection scheme with similar potential issues.



And of course, check your share settings to ensure you have not inadvertently done something to restrict access to the resource(s) you are trying to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment