Sunday, September 20, 2009

CAn you help me figure out why three out of four computers on my network cannot find a domain?

This is driving me nuts. I have a computer network in Vietnam (I am in the US) and there are three computers on the local network that suddenly cannot see our domain on the internet (not the local). All are running Windows XP in DHCP with Firefox and Thunderbird clients.... three of the four cannot browse via http or connect via pop to our domain on the web (www.cpi.org)... while one computer can can... ARGH... I am not there in person, so it is adding to my frustration.... any ideas?



CAn you help me figure out why three out of four computers on my network cannot find a domain?computer virus



It sounds like either a DNS or DHCP issue to me.



Either the three nonfunctional computers are using a different DNS server (or servers) than the one that is working, and that DNS server has ceased to operate, or else the one that is working still has an IP address, while the 3 nonfunctional ones lost their IPs when their leases expired, and for some reason are unable to acquire new ones.



More details would be helpful - for example:



- Can the computers all "see" one another?



- Can some or all of the computers ping the servers in question by IP address? by name?



- have you confirmed that all the PCs have apropriate IP addresses?



CAn you help me figure out why three out of four computers on my network cannot find a domain?free spyware remover

No comments:

Post a Comment