Sunday, September 20, 2009

How do virus-writers keep their scripts from infecting their own computers?

I PROMISE I'm not writing malicious script, :-) but I was just running a virus scan on my laptop, and I got to wondering how hackers and other such people can write viruses that don't infect their own computers. I would assume there's sort of a reverse process that would keep their own computers safe that would also be a key in protecting others' computers as well? This seemed so ironic about virus writers not being affected by the scripts they write that I thought I'd ask.



How do virus-writers keep their scripts from infecting their own computers?spyware



Thay use something called Sandbox



read more about this:



http://sandboxie.com/



How do virus-writers keep their scripts from infecting their own computers?virus scan



It doesn't matter if they affect their own PC. They can re-image the (virtual) PC very fast, or the (virtual) PC is as new after reboot (there are solutions like a reborn card, which prevent all changing things on the harddisk). And ofcourse, they know how the virus works so they will know how to prevent it.



AFTER they have completed the virus, they don't care about it anymore and release it on some newsgroup or p2p network.



Someone wrote about Linux. Indeed, that's an options too: use non-Windows computers. You can use templates to create fully new viruses, create them on your non-Windows computer, then spread them via newsgroups or p2p networks.

No comments:

Post a Comment