Thursday, November 5, 2009

What are the most essential basic skills for working with computers?

I have a BM, a teaching certificate, %26 5 yrs. exp. as a teacher. For the last 2 years, I've been at home with my children, but soon I'll be heading back into the workfield. Since I'm not interested in teaching again, I've considered pursuing computers or writing/editing, two things I'm interested in.



My knowledge of computers is totally piecemeal, and while I'm certain I would do well at it with the proper training and education, I need to know what direction to look to develop the right skills for potential work situations.



Just today I discovered html tags, and I wondered how long something that simple and basic had eluded me. I've assembled PCs, I have creaded 3d models, textured and animated them with Blender. I've developed game mods for Morrowind (and others), imported objects, and played with scripting.



I've got no programming experience. What is most essential? What other areas do I need to develop? How important is computer certification?



Thanks for any help.



What are the most essential basic skills for working with computers?windows



Since you already have a degree (though not in computer science), many companies would still hire you right now. Further education/certification would be great, but there are "entry level" positions available. "On the job training" is not as common as it used to be, but it still exists. You need to decide what you actually want to pursue, as it sounds like you've dabbled in quite a variety of related yet very different fields. You may be able to land a job plus attend classes part-time (at night maybe?).

No comments:

Post a Comment