Thursday, November 5, 2009

How do I network multiple computers to a printer?

I need to network 12 computers to one printer. They run on Windows XP. I haven't networked a printer before so I don't know what all details to give. If anyone can give me a clue as to what to do I would appriciate it.



How do I network multiple computers to a printer?antivirus



1st thing you need to do is right click the my computer icon and go to properties and then computer name and make sure all of the computers are on the same network name. You can change this to anyname you wish. Then the printer (with drivers and all) must be installed on 1 computer. If the 12 computers are on a network already then it is very simple you have to go to start /settings/printers and then select install printer and choose the network printer to install. If they are not already networked together then you will need a router to connect the computers together. You will also need a network hub if you wish to network more that 12 computers together. It pretty straight forward to do you can find you more @ http://www.ehow.com/how_108552_network-c...

No comments:

Post a Comment