Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sharing internet connection with 2 computers. What exactly do I need?

I have looked everywhere and I can not find the basic products you need to connect two computers to the same internet. I don't know if you need a router, network adapter, and/or hub. Which ones do I need? Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it.



Sharing internet connection with 2 computers. What exactly do I need?bmw



just need a network cable.



Sharing internet connection with 2 computers. What exactly do I need?free adware remover



Best and easiest way is to get a router and attach it to your modem (if you have either a DSL or Cable modem). I would get a wireless router. Even if you don't decide to go wireless right now, you may in the future, and a wireless router still has ports on it to connect network cables. The first link below has selection of wireless routers from Best Buy, to give you an idea as to price.



Then each computer needs a device to connect to the router called a network adaptor, either wired or wireless. A wireless adaptor is best if one or both of the computers may be located at a distance from the router. Most newer computers will already come with a network adaptor, either wired or wireless. Look for a port (jack) that looks like it will accept a phone cord plug, only bigger. That would be for a wired adaptor, where you would plug in a network cable that connects to the router. You didn't say if you're trying to connect laptops or desktops, but the second link below shows a selection of wireless cards for laptops/notebooks and the third link a selection of network adaptors for desktops.

No comments:

Post a Comment