Thursday, November 5, 2009

Vonage with 3 phones. 2 computers on DSL and Direct TV?

What kind of system would I have to install to get Vonage to work at my house that has DSL on 2 computers, 3 phone jacks. and 4 phone jacks for Pay per view on direct TV. Do I just replace the DSL filters for the phone lines with Vonage filters ? Can I use my existing DSL modem ? Just trying to figure out if this would work for my home and get a idea of how it works period. I would like to save money on my phone bill. Will this help me ?



Vonage with 3 phones. 2 computers on DSL and Direct TV?computer



You would need a router (which I assume you already have), and may have to disconnect some wires from your existing phone system (so you won't be getting signals from the phone line that runs to your street) but, you would need to keep the existing landline running to your DSL modem so you can get internet. Now, you then hook the Vonage modem to your router, then run the lines to your phones. (Depending on your situation, you may or may not be able to use your home's existing wiring to accomplish this)



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment