Thursday, November 5, 2009

What can I do with two desk top computers?

I have two desk top computers, what can I do with them? Can I create a network? Is there any benefit to having a computer network? Can I connect them together to increase speed and proficiency? Are there any disadvantages? Both PC are Pentium 4's. Any advice people....



What can I do with two desk top computers?abtuvurys 2005



By having them networked, you can access/share files between them.



Unless you have a need for grid computing, and the software to make it work, there is no increase in speed or proficiency.



What can I do with two desk top computers?antivirus programs



Depending on the size of the hard drives in the two computers if you were to create your own little network you could create a folder on each one to hold a backup of important data from the other computer. That way, if you got in the habit of backing up the important data to the other computer if either system should happen to crash you would at least have a copy of the most important data on the other computer.



However, you don't have to do that if you don't want to. You can still create a small network for other reasons. I have 8 computers at home, because two are notebooks (one for me and my wife that we use every day), then the others have a variety of other OS and other configurations. I have found that if you try to have one Windows computer do too much, you end up with more problems than you can shake a stick at. So, I have one computer just for video editing. I have another one for playing Windows XP games. Another one for Windows 98 games, and so on.
Why not get a life ? SOme people have more than they need- WHat about the miliions and milloions of people that don't even have a roof over their head and here you are worrying about your silly little boxes

No comments:

Post a Comment