Thursday, November 5, 2009

My linksys wrt54g tells me i have 3 computers on my network but i only have 2 is it counting one as

btw, i've already changed the security settings but it still claims i have 3 computers. is there a way to remove this computer from my network or make sure one of my laptops isn't somehow being counted twice



My linksys wrt54g tells me i have 3 computers on my network but i only have 2 is it counting one as 2 ?free adware remover



i would imagine that a router would use the logical option of only 'counting' attached computers by their network interface's unique mac address, making duplicates impossible.



there are a few theories that spring to mind, the first being that if you have anything like a games console (xbox, ps3, psp etc) that uses online gaming via the router then this will of course explain the third mystery device.



the second theory is that, since you don't specifically say that you are looking at *actively connected* computers that the third is a remnant from before you changed your security settings, and that you're looking at a history of all devices that have ever been attached to the router.



My linksys wrt54g tells me i have 3 computers on my network but i only have 2 is it counting one as 2 ?internet security 2006



If you have a computer wired to the router, then that counts as one. Any computer "CONNECTED" to your router counts as a single PC
If it is a wireless connection it can pick up signals from other computers using wireless connections, such as a neighbor. (It happens to me but I can't connect because a passcode is needed for their connection...)

No comments:

Post a Comment