Thursday, November 5, 2009

How often do you change computers?

Computers are changing so fast and the software as well so it makes what we buy today out of date very soon. I used the old machine five years and now have had this one one year and find this one can use some updating already.



How often do you change computers?antivirus protection



I guess I don't quite understand what you mean when you say, "...had this one one year and find this one can use some updating already..."



Typically, when you run into a situation when a computer needs to be updated, it's a rather specific situation, ie., a game you want to play that requires more RAM, or you require a faster graphics card, or something like that.



They way you have worded it, I'm wondering if you are just unhappy with the performance of the current system.



I for one, am a firm believer in what is called an operating system's half life. I download often, install, and uninstall software, and am constantly moving files beween drives, and ultimately this turns the registry into something akin to spaghetti.



With my current systems, I have a boot drive, and then I have seperate storage drives, therefore, I can format my system about every 6 months with little problem. That cures things like freezing, loosing performance, too much time booting, and other cooties that generally occur over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment