Thursday, November 5, 2009

I want to network my computers...?

I have two computers and DSL. I want to hook up a network router but I know absolutely NOTHING about this, so if someone could talk me through it, I would be ETERNALLY grateful!!



I want to network my computers...?hijack this



Are you going with a wireless router or a wired router? Ar both computers going to be wireless or just one?



The physical connections would look like this:



-Cable from phone jack to dsl modem



-Ethernet cable from DSL modem to router



-Connect a computer to the router (either wireless or wired and open a web browser window



-Follow the instructions in your install guide for the router and everything should be fine.



I want to network my computers...?liveupdate



-----------------Internet Access------------------



Physical Connection Instructions:



1.) Connect your DSL Device to your phone jack.



2.) Connect your Router to your DSL Device



a.) Plug the Cable coming from the DSL Device to the



Port on your Router that stands out.



3.) Connect each computer to a port on your router.



Computer Settings:



Do This on Each Computer



1.) Click Start



2.) Click Settings



3.) Click Control Panel



4.) Click Network Connections

No comments:

Post a Comment