Saturday, June 19, 2010

Does a wireless router give out a signal when no computers are connected to it?

In my home there is a Wireless ADSL router, which my dad's computer (about 50m away) connects to from outside. Because of the suspected harmful effects of the wireless signal, I want to minimise the effects of the router while my dad's computer is off, and for this I want to use an ethernet cable (which connects into the back of the router) for the various computers in the house.



So, my question is this. If I have the router on but am only using my ethernet cable to connect to it, is it sending out a signal?



Does a wireless router give out a signal when no computers are connected to it?nortan antivirus



It is always sending out a signal yes.



To turn it off and still use the cable plugged into the router, you need to access the router settings to disable the wireless.



But each time he wants to use it again, you would need to turn it on again...



There are no harmfull effects of a wireless router, that stuff is a hoax...



There are cell phone waves, and radio waves beaming through your brain every day, a wireless router with a 50 foot diameter of range is not going to make a difference.



Ever heard of anyone dying from a wireless router wave? Ever heard of anyone dying from listening to the radio to much?



Talking on the cell phone, or portable phone in the house?



Does a wireless router give out a signal when no computers are connected to it?nortonantivirus

No comments:

Post a Comment